My Favorites

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Where We Are Now


I think it is pretty easy to see where you have been and sometimes pretty easy to plan out where you want to go, but sometimes it can be a bit daunting to figure out where you are. I feel like we live in a place that is all of our own and don’t 100% identify with any other learners exactly. And the more I realize that the more I am okay with that.

We usually start our day reading. We have a book of the week (from Five In A Row) that we read 5 times, not necessarily 5 days in a row always. We go to the library 1-3 times a week. We play educational games on the computer, we participate in some of the library activities and my son picks books out that he likes and I pick out some that I think will appeal to him on things I know he is currently interested in learning about or that have to do with upcoming activities that we have talked about doing. We do a lot of nature walks and discovery (Charlotte Mason inspired), we collect things we find and draw pictures of things we see. We love to bug hunt. We have a lot of interesting pets too. We also our very involved as Bible students and teaching and preaching, and helping others. On the weekends we usually go on nature hikes and lots of learning play activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *