My Favorites

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Highlights of 2014

www.jw.org
 
 
It has been an amazing year. By far the most memorable for our family was the Jehovah's Witness International District Convention that we attended this summer in Atlanta, Georgia. This event was held at the Atlanta Georgia Dome, home of the Atlanta Falcons. This amazing event is something I will carry with me for a lifetime and will never forget. If you have never been and have the opportunity to be invited as a host or guest I cannot recommend it enough. It will change your life for the better. The best way I can describe it is, an awesome giant most delightful pleasant hug that doesn't stop giving. I can still feel that hug now despite it being six months ago. I don't know if that makes any sense at all, but that is the best description of the feeling I have about it. I could give you a description of what I saw, heard, etc... but there is no paragraph of words I could use to describe it and I can only sum it up to one word, the greatest of all words, the most powerful word in the universal language, LOVE. Enjoy the pictures.  Some of these pictures were shared with me. If you know who posted the pictures please share the link/name so I can give them credit. Some of these were taken by friends. For more information about what this event is about visit the official website www.jw.org

 So what else happen since obviously I am a few blogs behind?!?! Life happened and we were out living it and honestly I didn't have too many moments where I had the time to sit down and share unfortunaly, because it was EPIC. If I could find the time the energy wasn't there. I am committing to writing a blog each week in 2015 and 2014 sure did supply me with plenty of material. I am going to give just a run down assessment of our year in this blog and then please enjoy some of the photos.

  • We went on a week-long visit to my parents and visited the Gulf of Mexico and had an amazing time learning about manatees, whales and endangered
  • Wes graduated from Kindergarten in the spring. We used a life learning style, including Five In A Row and ABC Mouse. (I will give a review of each of these curriculms in an upcoming post)
  • We participating in a special host event at Ruby Falls to meet and greet delegates as they arrived to tour the attraction.
  • We spent many long and enjoyable family hours making gifts for our soon-to-be friends that would attend the 2014 Atlanta International Convention of Jehovah's Witnesses.
  • My little one entered the 1st grade!
  • We moved. Not too far, only 9 miles away from our own home, but a huge move for us. We used to live in the country and now we are living a small town within walking distance to stores and such.
So that is just the short basic run down skipping a whole lot of the between the lines, but I will be sure to fill between the lines as I go.
 






































www.jw.org
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *