My Favorites

Monday, February 23, 2015

Easy Way: Not Always Entertain Your Child with Busy Work.

Moments like these I feel like I have been let in on a little secret. Don't you? I love watching children in their natural state playing and perfectly content. Here my son is playing with his Batman umbrella and an old McDonalds Happy Meal box. Doesn't get any better than this on a wet cold rainy day.

It can be exhausting for moms and dads alike to be constantly trying to keep their child engaged and entertained with one thing or another, especially if you have an active child like we do. I remember as a child my mom telling me go outside or your room or something and I looking for her to give me something to do. When she didn't those were the most creative and fun times of my life. I could be anyone, live and do anything, in a world that was all my own, made by me, for me. As an adult I often find myself trying to get back to that place and when I do, that is a happy day. To be able to see your child making that world for themselves truly is a sliver of happiness in life!

 Play truly is the work of children! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and good morning Monday.

Just set up my blog to be able to post on-the-go! Yeah! Share your email to the right and keep up-to-date. Sharing is caring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *